Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reload a html page with correct scroll-position

Status
Not open for further replies.

wec35143

Programmer
Jul 11, 2000
DE
Hi,<br><br>we have a html-page wich dynamically changes it's table-data. (the page is automatically generated by a web-server which puts actual sps-data in some tables).<br><br>Now my to question:<br>Is it possible (with general javascript) to reload this page so that the relative scroll-position does not change?<br><br>&quot;location.Reload&quot; always sets the scroll-position to 0,0 (top of page) even if i scrolled down to the bottom of the page! <br>But if i press the Reload-button of the browser, the scroll-position is kept (page doesn't scroll to top again)<br>-&gt; that's what I'd like to be done automatically with a script<br><br>thanks for your help!

Must you reload the page, or do you want to scroll dynamically through it?<br><br><br><A HREF="mailto:-jared@aauser.com">-jared@aauser.com</A>

could you instead do something with dynamically generated bookmarks and rather than reloading the page, open it again but with the right bookmark in the url?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back