Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookiedev

Technical User
Jul 23, 2002
US
Does anyone know why suddenly the system requires me to relink each individual table instead of all of them at one time like I use to?
RookieDev

Rookiedev

This is usually because one of the tables it is looking for to relink does not exist in the data database. When this happends I usually delete all the link tables and relink them all. Much quicker that way.

Peachmelba

There's a good article on the MS support site that talks about automating table links in attached databases. I used some of the ideas in a distributed payroll application I developed & it worked well for me. If memory serves, a search on "Access link refresh" should get you in the ballpark. The only caveat- it makes extensive use of API calls.

I don't know anything at all about API calls is it difficult to learn or understand?
RookieDev

No, you can pretty much copy & paste the article code into your module. All I meant by the caveat is that API functions (usually written in C/C++) can be a little tough [read "cryptic"] to work with.

Ok,
I'll give it a shot and see if I can understand it.
Thanks
RookieDev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back