Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Releasing License in CE10

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyan24

Technical User
Sep 7, 2004
CA
Hello all,

I've just succefully installed CE10 on our devt server and been playing with it. We only have 3 concurrent license on the development server and i was testing it.

I had 3 browser opened and run the report on demand. But then i closed and logoff on the eportfolio but it still say on my CMC screen that i still have 3 concurrent users log-on when it should be one.

Now my question is does CE releases the license when you explicitly log-off from the eportfolio or does it hold on to it for 20-30 mins.

TIA,

It should release, however more than 1 license may be in use when a report has been scheduled to run.

-k

It's been 10mins now since i closed all my browser on eportfolio and it still say that i have 3 concurrent user log-on when it should be one.

Hmmm...so how i do fix this problem?

Closing the browser <> Logging off. The session will (by default) expire after 20 minutes of inactivity.

You need to explicity click the log off button on the top right of eportfolio to release the session.

Kingfisher [CECP]

I agree with Kingfisher, however sometimes this is not the case the license will get released when the system performs an internal audit, it checks for invalid session ids that are holding a license open.

This audit is run by default every 20 minutes. You can reduce this polling time by adding a commandline parameter.
this commandline parameter is for the WCS
-DefaultSessionTimeout X
X being the number of minutes that you want to have the session timeout.

don't set this nuymber too low as the audit process only runs every 2 minutes.

Rat.
nice to see a CECP we only have 3 down here (NZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back