Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Releasing Follow Me from the command line or Manager Provisioning 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_grinkin

Technical User
Jan 23, 2017
US
Total newbie question: I am a new administrator of an MX-One in a campus environment. I'm an old Nortel tech as well as worked on Cisco voip for a few years, so not a novice, just new to this brand of PBX. I'm doing some MAC work today and see one of the phones is set to 'follow me' to another extension. I'd like to clear that off before setting up the phone for the new hire. Is there a way to do that within the switch, either MP or command line. I'm learning both. Thank you in advance! ~ Liz

End and reinitiate the extension and the soft divert is gone

Best parnum

I do not have access to documentation but from memory you could invoke a procedure from the command line as if it was keyed on the phone. In MD110 this was the command GEPEI:DIR=xxxx,PROC=B21B; to cancel follow me.
On MX-One I believe the equivelent of this is the command extension_procedure but I cannot confirm this without the library. Perhaps someone else will chip in. End and reinitiate might work but is a clumsy way if the alternative works.

well doe ceejay, I knew someone would come up with the right format.

Thank you! I made the changes to the extension and saw that the follow me was cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back