Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release CTI-LINK-PRO Lic for different Application 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

malte

Programmer
Sep 7, 2022
DE
Hello dear community!

I'm getting a bit desperate with the licenses for our Inhouse IPO Virtual Server Edition.

I would like to free up our existing CTI-LINK-PRO license for the product "ESTOS ECSTA 6".

We currently have a running CTI connection via Windows TAPI. In addition, Avaya Call Reporting - branded - not Chronicall is running. However, when I deactivated ACR I still couldn't get the license free... Is it the OneX-Portal? It should actually work without a license...

We are just not willing to spend 450€ for the license....

Environment: VMware ESXi
Version IPO: 11.1.2.4
Select-Edition: yes

Do you have any tips?

Edit: Tried to kill every possible Service for this License
Windows TAPI, ACR, OneX.... still 1/1 used....

Certifications: ACIS and ACSS

If you are running a dual server setup (resilient) or if you have an IP500V2 connected to the server it wil use 2 CTI link pro licenses. Per connected IPO system (appliance or server) you need 1 CTI Link Pro license.

regards.

Fr0gg3r said:
If you are running a dual server setup (resilient) or if you have an IP500V2 connected to the server it wil use 2 CTI link pro licenses. Per connected IPO system (appliance or server) you need 1 CTI Link Pro license.

Its just a primary and a 500v2. I deactivated every DevLink and TCPA Group Account on the Gateway... also TAPI/DEVLINK3 deactivated completely on the GW.
Or do you mean its used for SCN Stuff? There is no use for the CTI Lic...

Its just a primary and a 500v2" - So as Fr0gg3r said, you need the primary to have 2 CTI licenses, not one. The ""ESTOS ECSTA 6" developers should have told you that, the details are in the developers guide for CTI applications.

The following applies for whichever IP Office is hosting the CTI connection:

[ul]
[li]No SCN = 1x CTI license/subscription.[/li]
[li]2 to 5 IPO in network = 2x CTI licenses/subscriptions.[/li]
[li] 6 to 20 IPO in network = 3x CTI licenses/subscriptions.[/li]
[li]> 20 IPO in network = 4x CTI licenses/subscriptions.[/li]
[/ul]

Admittedly, whoever wrote the Avaya application note for ESTOS ECSTA 6 was just as bad (totally failed to mention any need for licenses or subscriptions).

And depending on how the primary licensing is configured, you may also need to use the License | Remote Server menu to reserve CTI licenses.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

oh.. that sucks. Thanks a lot!

The documentation from ESTOS is straight garbage, mixed 1X with the newer API. I also took a look inside the "new" CTI API docs from DevConnect, but did not recognize this...

sizbut said:
And depending on how the primary licensing is configured, you may also need to use the License | Remote Server menu to reserve CTI licenses.
No settings for CTI Lic...not even available to choose.

forgot the link:
Did also look at the ESTOS website, and yes, some cryptic but not clear troubleshooting notes about needing 'more CTI licenses'.

You only see the option to reserve CTI Link Pro licenses if the IP Office is configured to use WebLM as the License Source. Not seeing it means your set to Local (so the primary gets all the CTI licenses in the license file for itself).

Sneaky tip for Primary/Secondary IPOSEs if you have access to PLDS: Rehost the CTI Link licenses from the Primary to the Secondary's host ID, load the license onto the Secondary, then rehost the CTI Licenses back to the Primary in PLDS. I've had to do this when I was having issues getting ACCS to work while in failover mode, without loading the licenses onto the Secondary it was complaining about the license not being available.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

... just been in a chat with some Avaya IP Office folks and sadly for the IP500 V2 and MTCTI3 it's worse than I had said.

Whilst with Linux-based IP Offices (Server Edition/Select/Subscription) you can have MTCTI3 into the network so long as you had sufficient licenses for the number of nodes, with IP500 V2 it is standalone units only. That is, for Essential/Preferred it will stop, regardless of the number of licenses, if it detects that the IP500 V2 is in an SCN.

Apparently the V2 can't provide the resources the V2 would need to maintain the real-time state of all users in the SCN in order to answer MTCTI queries. No such problem if the IP Office service is being provided by a Linux-based server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back