Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release 6 Sip Trunks to BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclake

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2009
LC
Hi guys,

I am currently working on a network of CS1K's running release 6 and BCM 50's running release 3.

So far all the BCM sites can communicate with each other via SIP trunks. I am however having problems getting the BCMs and CS1K's to communicate.

I have searched online and also read up Nortel's documentation. I have set up the BCMs as endpoints in NRS, configured dialing plans but every time I try inter-site dialing I get a fast busy tone.

Has anyone been successful in doing this/

Can anyone offer any assistance/

Is ether a document on BCM CS1k interconnection?

Do you have an entry in the BCM50 IP Trunks which routes to the node IP of your signalling server? Or are you registering to the signalling server successfully? If so, do you have SIP or H.323 licensing on the CS1K?

Check your transport type for each endpoint in NRS. BCM can only use UDP, where a CS1K can use either TCP or UDP. Change the CS1K to use only UDP in both the node programming and in NRS and see if you are able to place calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back