Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release 23 to Succession 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbertholdt

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2003
US
I currently have an option 81c running rls 23, I have the need to upgrade my acd from 500 to 1000 but im being told that Release 23 is retired from Nortel and that I would have to upgrade my PBX to Succession Release 3.0, does anybody know what all is involved in upgrading as far as new equipment needed and so on and maybe even a rough cost if anybody has been through this same thing? I have this feeling that Nortel is realy going to stick it to me.

they had a special, but I don't know if it's still available you should give em a call

23 IS RETIRED BUT YOU CAN UPGRADE TO 24

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

You can only upgrade to the latest release of software and as of Oct 24th it is now Succession 3.0

You got that right Nortel is going to stick it to you. It seems like they pricing this out like Novell Licences. I know in my region the distributors are saying when you goto Succesion 3.0 it will cost about $35 per user. I love Nortel but I think we're getting bent over on this one.

I am also hearing that you will only receive Succession licenses for active station TNs. If you have any number of licensed unused TNs the distributors are saying that Nortel will not honor them. You will then need to purchase new licenses at up to (rumored price) $70.00.
Tom Maher

$$$$$$ is what it's all about but....your question as to what is needed to upgrade?...I'll be happy to e-mail you some helpful info...also if you are serviced by a Nortel dist then they should have advised you to upgrade to rls25 then you could have taken advantage of the upgrade express program which would have certainly slowed the bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back