Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release 22.46 CMDU replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

downhillin1

Technical User
Apr 18, 2011
US
Customer blew up a CMDU and it needs to be replaced. Their software is on 17 release 22.46 floppy disks.

Question 1: Is the boot disk part of those floppys and can I just insert disk one and go on my merry way? Or is there a seperate boot disk that starts the install like in release 23, 24, 25 where you have a floppy and a CD drive? If there is a seperate boot disk does anybody have one I can copy?

Question 2: might anybody have a release 22 card replacement PDF that I could download? It would be for the NT5D20BA.

Thank you in advance!

If you don't have a CD drive, then you will need the site specific floppy disks. I think there were around 11 floppy disks.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I don't remember if the install program was located on Floppy #1, or if there was a separate install Floppy, but you definately need to start the install software.

Good luck on having all of the disks still in readable shape!

Yep, start with disk #1 and away you go. Usually takes about a 6 pack to get through them all. Good luck finding any Release 22 NTP's. I threw mine away long ago.

you need the 17 floppies, a keycode disk and a backup. start with disk 1 which will boot into a install menu. answer the question in the intall menu and change disk when prompted. The last few disk will say done before your hand gets away from the keyboard.

forgot to give the instructions. put the active cpu into maintence(the one with the good cmdu), disable cni's inactive cpu. Put disk 1 into floppy drive, put offline cpu into maintence, sysload inactive cpu. Than follow instructions in previous post.

After you complete install of software, keycodes and database. boot up and make sure everything is ok. Than sysload inactive cpu and take out of maintence. The cmdu will sync. take active cpu out of maintence and return disable switch on cni's to normal.

check out cpu and cni's to make sure everything is ok. if not enable manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back