Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release 11.1 available for download 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidCT

Technical User
Dec 22, 2006
US
Posted to the support site. I was told since it's not a major release, a system licensed for release 11.0 can be upgraded without an upgrade license.

Who's willing to live on the edge and upgrade their system??

Proactive Business IT Support | Cybersecurity | On-premise and Hosted VoIP

gknight1, and if you look at the knowledgebase, it shows windows is not supported, not even for VMpro. So now anyone wanting/needing to upgrade has to replace their windwos PC running VMPro to an Application Server or UCM mod. Thats going to go over well.

annoyingly Avaya subscription only available to non ACO countries.

Just heard back from my rep that only Windows 7 is no longer supported. 8.1, 10 and server 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016 are still supported. Page 19 of the Tech bulletin confirms this.

The problem is that page 14 confirms it's not supported.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

As a server platform for Voicemail Pro and one-X Portal, Windows is no longer supported. That's all versions of Windows.

As an OS for end-user client applications, Windows 7 is no longer supported.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Knowledgeable confirms its not supported either.

Voicemail Pro 11.1 introduces the following changes:

•End of Windows-based Voicemail Pro Support
The Windows-based version of Voicemail Pro is not supported in IP Office™ Platform 11.1 Release 11.1. Existing customers want to upgrade to Release 11.1, need to migrate their systems to a IP Office Application Server or Unified Communications Module.

Can't believe we have to install a brand new VM and migrate config, but it's good that we're now on a version of CentOS that isn't out of date. Are there any cool new features that warrant the upgrade right now?

Love that they couldn't even be arsed to update half the documentation.

CentOS6 is not yet EOL, it will be in November. Probably the version Avaya uses is EOL.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

For those installing R11.1 on Hyper-V, are you using the ISO or have they released the pre-made VHDX yet? (as I couldn't see it on the downloads).

If using the ISO, will it be officially supported, as all docs point to using the pre-made VHDX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back