Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

relaying problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

symbiotic

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
GB
Ok, I read the thread a few days back in which RythymAce described how to set up domain realying. I did so exactly as he said, and it worked perfectly. I have access.db and FEATURE(`relay_local_from') in my sendmail.mc. It worked totally smoothly, until I rebooted my server. Now it doesn't work at all. I even get relaying denied when trying to send mail only in my domain (userA@mydomain.com to userB@mydomain.com). My MX record is ok. I have no clue whats wrong. The only thing I've changed at all is an rc script that mounts a directory on my windows machine with smbfs.

Ok I fixed this problem. My hostname was incorrect. I forgot that when I first set it up I had manually changed hostname to my domain name but didn't actually change it in the system configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back