Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relationships vs Editing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

puforee

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have a split DB. I have several front ends that my users use. They are named by "Model"
In each front end I have a table called Model_tbl. In this table I have a list of all the models and a yes/no box called "Use" for each. When setting up the individual front ends I select the model by putting a check in one of the "Use" boxes in the Model table.

I have several linked tables that also contain a field called "Model". I have creation relationships between 4 linked tables and the Model table.

I have queries that return data to forms. In the query I included one of the linked tables and the model table with the connection on the model fields....because of the relationship this link is automatic. I then include the Model table "Use" field in the query and set the criteria to "Yes". When the query runs it returns only data for the Model that has the Use field that = yes. This is what I want.

The Problem: When I open the Query or form, I cannot modify any data. All tables that contain the "Model" field are of the same size and type (text). No errors show.

Why can't I modify my data when the query is run. The Relationships say they are 1 to many but the relation ship lines do not show the 1 and infinity symbols.

Help please....

Does the Model table have a PrimaryKey included in your query ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back