Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relations and browse not showing records in child table

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabhawk

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
US
I setup a simple relationship between one parent table and three child tables each using a different key. I then opened browse windows for each table and scroll through the parent table.

I find that the child tables will have a 'flicker' effect of showing the related record then when I move the mouse to enter the browse the record vanishes. I have to play a game of cat and mouse to have the records refreshed to the screen.

This was found in V6 on Win2000 when using local tables of no more than 100 records each with a 1:1 relationship.

Any thoughts on the reason or a workarround?
Help
Jon

Jonthan A Black

What is your SET REFRESH set to?

SET REFRESH Command
See Also
BROWSE | CHANGE | EDIT | MODIFY MEMO
Determines whether and how often a Browse window is updated with changes made to records by other users on the network.

SET REFRESH TO nSeconds1 [, nSeconds2]

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

I have it set to the default of 5 sec.

Jonthan A Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back