Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rejecting email

Status
Not open for further replies.

subahar

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2002
AE
Hi,
one of my client is trying to send a mail to me, but his mail is getting bounced.he is getting the following error.

&quot;Sent >>> RCPT TO:<richard.pakenham@itp.net> NOTIFY=FAILURE,DELAY
Received <<< 550 5.7.1 <richard.pakenham@itp.net>... relaying denied. ip name lookup failed [212.135.137.199]
Could not deliver mail to user:<richard.pakenham@itp.net> &quot;

But i am able to receive the mail from all other people.
any one can help me about this issue?

thanks

subahar

It behaving as if inbound mail is being relayed - going out again. set up exchange relaying as follows (make sure you are running service pack 4 minimum).

Go to Internet Mail Service, routing.
Select 'reroute incoming SMTP mail' and in the routing box, add your email domain and make sure it's only for incoming.

Then in routing restrictions, limit routing to only those internal to the network (Using IP range probably) so local users can send outgoing mail.

Whoops,

Just reread the bit about others being able to. Check the routing restrictions table to see if anything is checked there. Also check the various limitations on the connections tab. It may be that you have limitations done by name somewhere rather than by IP address and the connection is being rejected as the other person's domain's reverse lookup DNS entry is invalid or missing.

HI Norwich,
thanks for your reply.
my client only getting that error msg. not on my server. and the ip address mentioned in that error also belongs to my client. i am not sure is about the problem.
also i have checked about the reverse dns lookup,that is not enabled in my system. so it won't be problem with reverse lookup. any other thought about it?

thanks

subahar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back