Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstalling Windows 2000 over Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

al929

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
I have not been able to do this the message I am getting is:
"CD -rom os from an older version that the one you are presently using. Set-up functionality from this disk will be disabled.

How do I correct this situation.
Thanks in advance.

No you can't. XP is a step above 2000. One question is why???
After all XP is really an upgrade from 2000 the latter which is no longer being developed although Microsoft did surprise many with a small upgrade/bug fix.
Move over 2000 XP is here Take control of your life, not someone else's

I am running a DOS application that requires NetBui protocol and XP will not work with it.

You can replace XP with W2K but the only way I know how to do this is by doing a reformat. ====================================
I love people. They taste just like
chicken!

If you want Netbeui it is on the XP CD as an unloaded extra. It can be installed but is not supported by Microsoft. Plenty of help here.

Otherwise it is a case of reformatting to get rid of XP then installing 2000. You could also explore dual booting XP with 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back