Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstalling SBS2003 R2 OEM on HP ML150 Proliant box

Status
Not open for further replies.

schomberg

Vendor
Jan 2, 2011
CA
Been a long time and want to reinstall the OS for a HP ML150 Proliant w/oem SBS2003-R2 on it - need to know best approach - have CDs etc - are there any basic tips to save time in doing this

Much appreciated

If you're looking for a complete, fresh install, I would do a system erase from the Smart Start CD, then reconfigure your array (Smart Start CD), then reinstall the OS.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

You sure ML150 is Smart Start'able!?

The most recent ones I've dealt with (about 6-8 months back), they supported the P200 (I think) controller, but not 100% sure you can Smart Start it.

I have a feeling for 2003 SBS you'll have to plumb a USB floppy in, and press F6 during setup to point it at the floppy for the Controller Drivers.

Hope you got it sorted!!

Mark

Thanks for the replies - all is sorted - it was smart startable and things are running perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back