Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstalling OpenManage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanne

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
GB
I've been in touch with Dell regarding my Vxsvc.exe error and the fact that my Controller battery says it needs reconditioning but I'm not given the option to do it.

The story in a nutshell is that Dell has no idea why this is happening and basically good luck to me. :p

They did say that I cannot run FAST (as a lot of folks here have suggested) because it will conflict with OpenManage. I hate OpenManage but I'm afraid it may be a case of better the devil you know...

They suggested possibly trying to reinstall OpenManage to see if that corrects the errors.

Before I do that does anyone know if I lose all my present settings when I reinstall? I didn't configure this server -- it was set up by an outside company -- and the idea of reconfiguring the settings in OpenManage from scratch is quite intimidating.

I'd appreciate learning from anyone else's experience/knowledge. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back