Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reinstalling MICS and call pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joycew

Programmer
Nov 1, 2011
US
need to wipe out both MICS and call pilot - do I do a reinstall of the call pilot first or a startup of the mics - which order do I go in

I would do the MICS first then the call pilot, just because the call pilot gets it's info from the phone system, dn length, time and date.

Thank you, so would you do a startup on the mics, then a reinstall on the vmail then power both down? or do the startup on the mics then power both down, then bring back up and do a reinstall on the call pilot?

No need to power down, startup the Mics, then re install on the call pilot.

If the system,Mics, has been used for several years before hand I would take this time to replace the Cap that holds the memory when there is a power outage.

It really doesn't matter which one you wipe 1st, because you need to browse to the Call Pilot to default it...it does need to be connected to the modular (defaulted or not) to talk to you, though.

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E
Mitel 3300 4.2 basic & advanced, 5000 4.0, NuPoint I&M 4.2

If you intend to return the MICS to "default" settings and clear the memory, remember to first power down the MICS and then power it back up. You will only be able to dump the memory the first 10 minutes after power up. If you don't you will not get the option- "startup". The Call Pilot need not be powered down to do a "reinstall". It's always a good idea to install/program the KSU first and then install/program the CP last, as was mentioned
the CP syncs up with the MICS. Piece of cake!!

Do make sure if the call pilot has a changed IP address that you take it down to re-connect via the web browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back