Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrien11

Technical User
Jul 14, 2000
Hi,

Due to more & more frequent crashes, conflicts & print errors, I'm considering starting from scratch and reloading everything (O/S included).

I've heard that some people experience problems when trying to reload & activate Microsoft Office apps. Has anyone experienced similar? Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to ensure everything goes smoothly?

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional & am most concerned about reloading Office XP Professional

Thanks in advance.

If you can't get your MS Office up and running again, you could just dump it and install OpenOffice.org instead. It's free and there's no activation crap involved.

Yes I have.

If you are re installing a legit copy of MS Office all you have to do is try activated it and if it says the copies are used up call the number on the screen. Microsoft will ask you why you are re-installing tell them and they will give you a new code to activate.

I am a M$ action pack subscriber and I do testing for software that we use so I am constantly reformatting and reinstalling windows and that's what I do.

I am pretty sure the procedure is the same for office as it is for the OS

hope this helps,

Liable

Thanks Liable, I'll take the plunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back