Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstall XP Pro!!! gone bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2008
GB
Hi! Need some help if poss!
I have just re formatted my hard drive and tried to reinstall XP Pro after a crash. The prob i'm having is that after loading it will not boot to the final part of the setup it just goes back to square 1 and reinstalls any help is good cos i'm a bit lost!!!

Probably a bad hard drive. Just buy a new one they are really cheap now.

Remove the Cd, or skip the "boot from Cd" part. so that it doesn't try t boot from the Cd again.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Only press the "Boot from CD" Anykey, once at the Start of Setup, then ignore it.

Have a look at the general troubleshooting steps in this article.

How to troubleshoot problems during installation when you upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP

How to install or upgrade to Windows XP

HOW TO: Partition and Format a Hard Disk in Windows XP (Q313348)

You can also review the Setupapi.log file, the Setupact.log file, and the Setuperr.log file (in the %windir% folder) to try to determine any problems.

243996 - How to Enable Verbose Logging in Windows 2000 GUI-Mode Setup

Windows Setup and Device Installation Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back