Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstall ACU

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpollack

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2005
US
I administer a couple Proliant ML350 G3 servers that no one knows the password for the Array Configuration Utility. Should I simply uninstall and reinstall the Compaq Management Agents or just components of the Agent? If only need to uninstall portions of the agents which agents need to be uninstalled? Will I need to reboot the server?

Thanks,
John

firstly telling us the os would be handy

however i will assume it's ms

all latest agents use os authentication so you should update your agents and then you can login

if you dont want to that but it is highly recommended then stop the hp services and then copy the acl file from a server you know pwd for to it and restart agents

cant remeber exact file but it's .acl and it is in an hp directory

Thanks for the reply folks. What I ended up doing was uninstalling ACU by deleting it's directory and installing the latest version. Everything seems to have worked out.

Thanks,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back