Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REINIT section

Status
Not open for further replies.

telesimke

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2011
SI
Hi!

I bring up a panel with:

Code:
&zsel="PANEL(xyz) NEWAPPL PASSLIB"

Using xyz I collect some parameters and do:

Code:
&zsel="CMD(%mycmd &parm...)"

After mycmd completes the xyz panel is )INIT-ialized. How can I make it to )REINIT-ialize?
BR Jaka

Is <mycmd> doing a simple 'return' or is it scrolling the xyz panel? Actions in the dialog function can cause )INIT rather than )REINIT.

Frank Clarke
--America's source for adverse opinions since 1943.

xyz has no table only )attr )body )init )reinit and )proc
mycmd processes parameters, allocates resources, calls a pgm, frees resources and exits. not a single ISPF call is made.
mycmd is called from the )proc section of xyz
(re)display of xyz after the )proc (as mentioned within the )proc a mycmd is called and within mycmd a pgm) is completed is done without my interference
I should also mention that pgm displays a different panel
thanks

The previous post contains wrong info!

xyz has no table only )attr )body )init )reinit and )proc

mycmd processes parameters, allocates resources, calls a pgm, frees resources and exits

mycmd is called from the )proc section of xyz.(re)display of xyz after the )proc (as mentioned within the )proc a mycmd is called and within mycmd a pgm) is completed without my interference

I should also mention that pgm displays a different panel

thanks

This is just a guess: before 'mycmd' (or the program it calls) displays that other panel, it should do a CONTROL DISPLAY SAVE, and a CONTROL DISPLAY RESTORE after.

Frank Clarke

Sorry for the delay!

CONTROL DISPLAY SAVE, and a CONTROL DISPLAY RESTORE combo yields the same result
br jaka

I'm stumped.

Frank Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.