Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regular users and fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillinger99

Technical User
Jun 6, 2003
US
Is it just me, or can regular users not install fonts in Vista?

As a Standard User, and with UAC turned on, you should be provided with an Administrator prompt to complete the installation of the Font. Are you getting that far or receiving some other error?

The Help and Support program's article "Install or uninstall fonts" may be worth a read?

No, I have UAC turned off and am in a domain environment. I'm trying to figure out a way for my creative department to be able to install their own fonts without my having to log into their twenty PCs everytime they buy something new. I read the Help and Support program's article to no avail. Thank you for the suggestion, though!

The registry portion of that is something I'll have to explore, having unsuccessfully attempted the first part. Thanks, linney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back