Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

regsvr32 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnlgjm

MIS
Aug 10, 2002
US
I have a Dell Poweredge server that has been running Windows NT4 for several years. All the sudden I began getting inetinfo.exe errors anytime anyone tried to access the webmail package running on the server. I first thought there was a problem with the mail server, but now think I have a bigger problem.

Any time I try to register or unregister (either via software install or manually) any DLL or OCX, i get the following error: DLLRegisterServer in ###.dll failed. Return code was 0x80029c4a.

I tried to reapply service pack 2, but get a bunch of DLL registration errors after the reboot. Server seems to run fine other than these errors.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

John

Service pack 2??? Would advise running Service Pack 6a.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Sorry, my fault. I meant SP 6a. (too much winxp i guess). Anyway, I reinstall winnt4 sp6a, not sp2. Sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back