Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REGSVR32 Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastWind

Programmer
Dec 2, 2003
US
I tried to add a reference from <DLLPathFileName>. Instead of a successful addition to the registry, I received the following error message:

<DLLPathFileName> was loaded, but the DllRegisterSever entry point was not found. DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of <DLLPathFileName> may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it.

The <DLLPathFileName> is valid and most likely uncorrupted, so from the error message, I am assuming I have a registry pointer problem.

Any help with this quandry I would most appreciate.

Yours perplexed,
[sadeyes]

Are you running the command-line regsvr32? You might try to unregister the DLL your trying to register and then reregister it?
Just a thought.
Chris

Thank you for the response...I was starting to give-up hope.

How do you unregister a DLL?

Go to the command-line and type
[tt]regsvr32 /?[/tt]

And it will show you the various options. Additionally, you can test out registering/unregistering directly this way instead of running through your VBA code first.

Thank you for the reply. At the command-line, I typed:

REGSVR32 /u /n /i DLLPathFileName

I still receive the same error noted in my original message. As best I understand it, the /u /i combination calls the uninstall, and the /n is a requirement when using with /i.

I thank both of you for your help, but at this point, I suspect something wonky with my DLL Registry.

Still quite perplexed,
[sadeyes]

I think you're using too many switches - try just REGSVR32 /u DLLPathFileName first then with the /i swich if this is unsuccessful. As far as I can tell, the /n switch prevents the dll register server from working! (The reason for the "must be used with /i" comment in the help seems to be that otherwise the dll register server isn't used anyway.)

Thank you for the response, however, no dice.

I tried /u, then /i, then /u/i; I still received the same message. I'm still exploring hard-copy resources for more information, but no luck so far. If I run across why this is happening, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you again for the suggestion.

Numb from the frustration,
[morning]

EastWind

Did you every solve this problem??? We are having the same problem on a Win2000 server with the crystal reports dlls.

Cheers

Lizzy

No, not yet. I had to move onto other things in my work. If I do, I'll certainly post it!

[pc]

EastWind
[infinity]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back