Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registry Value DontDisplayLastUserName missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackiev

MIS
Aug 16, 2000
US
I have a Win NT sp6 machine connecting to a Novell Network with Novell Client 4.90. Just upgraded to Client 4.90.
In the prior client, the Novell logon user name defaulted to the last user name--displayed the last logon name when the login screen appeared. This was good--our autologon just had to enter a password to logon. Now, after the client upgrade, the user name comes up blank...I have found on another NT machine, a registry key value called DontDisplayLastUserName. when set to1 it removes the name, when set to 0 it displays...Great--that's on a different machine. This (bad) machine does not have that value in the registry. I added that value in the appropriate key, but it does not work. Is there a trick to adding a value in the registry???I cannot drop back to the old client...Please help.

You could try tweakui - paranoia tab. Its got a clear lar user at logon tick box (I'd suggest setting and unsetting it). No idea how this works with Novell.

Or there's x-setup - (startup|shutdown|startup|Windows NT/2k/XP|Inside Login Window|Login Window: Last User from the classic UI)

(both these apps just update registry entries).

Verify the value type against your reference NT machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back