Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registry Location OE Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantazmo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2003
CA
(Sorry for the cross post, this was originally in the VBA section ... darn new guyz :))

Folks,

This site is a tremendous resource. Many thanks to the powers that be.

Quick question: I have written a vba module for an Access97 database that uses outlook express 6.0 (msoe.dll)to forward PDFs of reports to a specific list of users.

A setting in OE, Under Options>Security states "Warn Me When Other Applications Try To Send Mail As Me." By disabling this, the module can send mail seamlessly. To ease use across a LAN, I want to set and reset this option.

I have a module that mods any reg key. Does anyone know which regkey controls this? (I know, shooting in the dark). I wrote a quick registry compare module that is looking to changes (as I type it is running), but, so far, no luck.

Phantazmo

This is the key on my box:

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{B83BEDC4-D987-4F7D-B29C-3E28C51D1F74}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Mail]

"Warn on Mapi Send"=dword:00000000

The dword is 1 when you check the box and 0 unchecked.

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

Unemployed in Houston, Texas

Thanks VBSlammer,

I'll give that a go...

That got 'er VBSlammer dude. Many thanks. Have a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back