Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registry hack to filter *.exe, *.vbs, etc w/ NA for Exchange???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreux

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2000
US
Hey all...
I've found out that there's a way of hacking the registry on my exchange server to weed out unwanted email attachments. I want to do away w/ all VBS, exe, and flash files. My server is running NA CE along w/ the Exchange add-on (Exchange 5.5 sp4). I'd appreciate any help!
-Dreux

Actually it's not really a hack, its a documented feature for Norton Antivirus for exchange 2.1 and above.

I realized that I have NA for Exchange 2.0.... Is there a major difference between 2.0 and 2.1? Is it an upgrade (free would always be nice!!!). I've noticed most references/fixes/writeups to the exchange portion of NA refer to version 2.x. Typically that would mean they are very similar.
Thanks, Dreux

Get your Exchange Norton to go to the norton site and download the updates to the software - mine pulls down loads of files on a regular basis.

Okay...please forgive my ignorance, but how do you get NA exchange to update? All I have is the web enabled version of NA for exchange and there aren't any options beyond your basic scanning and live-updates. I went to NA's website and found updates, but they're only for Live update, and a manual. Thanks in advance!
-Dreux

Apols,

On your Exchange server, go to IE. Go to the Symantec site and there is an update for NAV for Exchange. There is an option to download updates for the app (don't go to the download definitions).

Didn't work, but it doesn't matter, because the UPS man brought me a nice package from SYmantec today! NA ofr Exchange 2.1! Apparently, my company is on an update plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back