Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registry Errors After Installing Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy64

Technical User
Apr 29, 2003
GB
We are running XP Pro on brand new workstations with 512mb or RAM and a 2+ ghz processor. The systems have around 30gb of hard disk space.

I have today installed an Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner, using USB cable. The scanner was picked up and install ok by XP Pro.

However the problems start when I install the Epson Smart Panel software. I have installed this as users with full administrative rights.

Everything installs ok however upon restarting the machine and opening up the Smart Panel, I get a message (which won't go away - you have to end task on it) saying

"No registry data".

You can't get to the Smart Panel which you can see lurking behing the error message.

I HAVE installed the latest TWAIN drivers too from the Epson website too if that is relevant.

Any advice really appreciated as our user will be screaming for this by Thursday! Thanks in advance.

Poppy64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back