Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registration of Workstations in Zen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianc2k

Vendor
Jan 12, 2000
US
Environment: NetWare 5.1 over 6 servers. Zen works has been installed on the network by a previous vendor. Some of the workstations are registered and can be remote viewed.

Problem: 38 workstations in the school cannot be remote viewed.

Activity: I have gone to the workstation verifying that Remote Management was included in the client install. I have run wsreg32.exe from within the server/sys:\public area that Zen was installed on. I have then tried to import the workstation into the container. One workstation finally came up and I could remote view. The remaining 38 will not. I have also, when it was available, opened Zen management and gone through rescheduler to manually force registration as mentioned in the manual. That also failed.

How do I register workstations beyond the Zen scheduler and wsreg32.exe efforts?

My first step is to run "unreg32.exe" then reboot the client 3 or 4 times and then re-import the workstation. HAve you done that yet? Klae

You're only as good as your last answer!

I had a similar problem a while back, the answer was to edit the registry on the workstation's and remove the zenworks registration details, I found this on novells support area. I cant remember exactly where it was though sorry.

Hope this helps

Brian:
We had similar problems... but later found one of our resident geeks had been altering the installs on the workstations and removed Zen 'cause Zen was using lots of resources... We ran an MSCONFIG and found that the ZENRC stuff was unchecked... We checked it and were able to RC them again... But we're not sure why, even though we checked it to run at startup, that it doesn't seem to run at startup still... we may need to put it in the startup folder or something? I think the "geek" did more than uncheck it from the MSCONFIG. Removing and reinstalling the client doesn't seem to permanently fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back