Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

registration of .dll fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brezhnev

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
CA
Hi everybody!
Quick question : trying to register CDOSYS.dll on my computer (i want to use Mapi messages).Getting an error :
DLLRegisterServer in CDOSYS.dll failed.Therefor i am getting an error during creation of the object MAPI(class not found). what am I doing wrong ?

Any ideas would be helpfull.

Hi

I am not sure what command you used to register.

in the Start button Run command .. enter in the box..

REGSVR32 myFullPath\myDLL.dll

suitably change in the above. This should register.

In my XP system CDOSYS.dll is available in Windows\System32 directory.

:)

It is always good to double check: Make sure you have Admin access to the PC. As if you are not, you cannot register the dll

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc
Farmington Hills, Michigan

that's exactly what i did.still same error :
DLLRegisterSerever failed.No matter of specifying directory or not.

Brezhnev,

I just checked this out. I unregistered my CDOSYS.DLL and you are absolutely correct, you cannot register it after that without receiving the error you described. 0x800704da according to the Winerror.h file is "The service is already registered."

Now it is a bit of a misleading error, what it is really telling you is that CDOEX.DLL is already registered. So, in order to do this properly you need to:

1. unregister CDOEX.DLL
2. register CDOSYS.DLL (it won't fail this time)
3. register CDOEX.DLL

...Windows is just kind of particular about the order in which these are registered.

Slighthaze = NULL
[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

FYI: The mapi controls are in MSMAPI32.OCX, shipped with VFP, not in CDO.

In the FAQs, there is explanation of the CDO controls, which are different (and, I think, not redistributable, while the MSMAPI32.OCX can be redistributable).

wgcs

In the FAQs, there is explanation of the CDO controls, which are different (and, I think, not redistributable, while the MSMAPI32.OCX can be redistributable).

Just to clarify, CDO is distributable, but very difficult to find. You cannot download the libraries from the internet.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back