Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registration Failed/Sip Reg Fail Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdena

Technical User
Nov 17, 2010
US
I have an extension that previously worked. Monday morning the phone couldn't take or receive calls. The user reset the phone and got the following messages:

(BASIC) ONHOOK
Registration Failed!

and:

SIP REG FAIL!

The phone has a dial tone, but can not place any internal or external phone calls.

I tried to replace the phone with another Altigen 710. I hooked up the phone, and entered #27, put in the extension and password. The phone wouldn't take the new extension.

I logged into Max Administrator 6.0 and the extension has a status listed of "error"

How can I fix this?

Thank you!

More information...

I can not ping the IP address from the Server.

If I try to save any changes to the extension in Max Administrator, I get an error message stating that the extension is in use.

I reset the extension. Now it is stuck as a Virtual Extension. It won't allow me to change it back to an IP extension. Any time i attempt to save any changes, I get an error message:

“Invalid extension for message notification.”

If you cannot ping the phone from the server, then the phone probably is not talking to the server...hence the Registration Fail. You need to check the routing from the phone to the server as it appears there is no route defined. Is the phone getting an IP address from a DHCP server? Then check to make sure the IP address assigned is in the proper range and has route(s) defined to the AltiGen server. Make sure the phone is set up with the IP address of the AltiGen server (AW Server).

1) check to make sure you are not out of extension licenses. Phone will not register without an available licnese

2) extension may be locked due to too many incorrect password attempts. There is a utility on the Altigen server to check this...start>programs>MAx Communications Server>utilities>extension and security checker. This will show if the extesnion is locked with a pad lock, right click and unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back