Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Register MSCAL.OCX for Excel without Access present 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

briand2

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
GB
I have an Excel spreadsheet which makes use of mscal.ocx via VBA. I've copied it to a different machine which did not have mscal.ocx present. I therefore copied mscal.ocx (and mscal.gid, .cnt, dep, .hlp) from my old machine to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM on the new machine (running Windows 98). I then checked in the Excel VBA "Tools|References" to see that "Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0" was present and that it's box was ticked.

It still does not seem to be recognised by the spreadsheet. I have seen instructions saying how to register mscal.ocx using Access, but this machine does not have Access and I'm not allowed to install Access on it!

Could some please confirm that this control can be registered without Access, and how this is to be achieved?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

you can register it in command line, in command prompt
regsvr32 mscal.ocx

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

AIM: IonFilipski
filipski@excite.com

IonFilipski

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I did what you said and it's now working perfectly!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back