Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Region/language settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRice00

MIS
Oct 10, 2004
US
I have a windows installation on a site and the title bar continually displays:
16/06 Chuc Em Iuon vui ve & Hanh Phuc
After checking the language settings, it's set for US English, I tried to set it to another English language option/reboot and then bring it back to US English and reboot, but I still get Vietnamese in the title bar. Has anyone seen this before/have a fix for it? Thanks in advance for any help.

If the OS is in Vietnamese then you can't change it.

Changing the regional settings only affects input. The user interface will remain in the language the original installation was in.

Windows 7, and I believe Vista does this too now. Have the option of downloading additional Language packs.

Windows XP does not.

If the OS is in English, then there may be something else going on.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

It is a US English version. So this is definitely something else. Also the title bars start out in english but convert to vietnamese after like 5-10 minutes.

Under the Languages tab in Regional an Languages Options, is the "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (includes Thai)" ticked? If so try removing such a tick.

If this is just a recent occurrence perhaps doing a System Restore can sort it out for you?

Vacunita said:
Windows XP does not.
MUI pack is available for EN versions of XP... so basically what you had said was correct, and since Vista and W7 both only come in ENG and other languages have to be installed (I think FRE and GER are also localized)...

@CRice00 - also take a look at:

How To Add and Enable Additional Languages in Windows

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

i am having the same problem as CRice00.
All the page bars change to "16/08 Chuc em iuon vui ve & Hanh Phuc" within a few seconds.
Did you manage to solve this problem & how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back