Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regen taking to long on small dwg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredLHA

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
US
Im having problems with a dwg every time I regen or regenall, is small dwg (711k), my regenauto is off I also tried with regenauto on), ltscale is fine (96), viewres is low (100), grid is off, purge all layer filters with delfil.lsp, I also run overkill a few time to delete all layer filters, the dwg is about 5000 entities, with 20 blocks all together, was purged and audited (no errors), I also wblock out all the entities and inserted in a new fresh dwg, but still takes forever to regen, can someone tell me if is anything else I can check to find out why is taking long, any help I will appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Fred,

The other thing to check with this is any registered applications. If you weren't the one who created the file from the start, it could be carrying all kinds of goodies you're not aware of. Also, check each block as well. I have found that sometimes the blocks themselves can be problematic.

One other quick fix to try, is to wblock the drawing but instead of using * option, use the window option (not a crossing window) and select only the entities on the screen.

HTH
Todd

Hi Todd,
Thanks for you help, I tried the wblock window option (w/o crossing) but I lost a few blocks with the insertion point floating out somewhere in space, now I will like to check the registered applications, if any, how can I do that, please advice.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back