Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

regedit disabled by administrator 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2kuk

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
GB
Every time I type in regedit or regedt32 in run it comes up with "regedit disabled by administrator" any tweaks i use that edit the registry through 3rd party software wont work either,

I reasantly upgraded to Pro as I found Home frustratingly (this is putting it nice!) bollocks!

someone told me I can download a fix but I cant find one.

Log into the system as Administrator. Then goto Computer Management and make your user a admin. This should allow you access to the regedit. CNYTech
- A PC and Windows XP Support Forum

Log in as NOT 'a' Administrator, but 'THE' Administrator If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

A little trick I figured out when working once at a firm that did not allow us rights to use regedit (Jeez we were supporting software - if we had wanted to crash them we could have anyway). Just copy regedit to a floppy disc from another machine and run it from the floppy. Works great in a pinch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back