Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding Windows 2000 terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

siqbal75

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2005
US
Hello and good morning,

I had configured my existing Windows 2000 server as terminal server so that people remotely can access it. Then I bought additional terminal server CALs. Now the delima I am facing is that I am not able to add them to the server (or don't know how to do that). After following Microsoft's kb, I have installed terminal server licensing service, but that GUI is NOT able to detect a licensing server since it requires one in order to add CALs. In my case, the terminal server license is the same as license server, but Terminal server licensing is not able to detect it and therefore, I am not able to add those to the server. It is really causing me frustration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks........

I'm a bit rusty on the TS licensing setup, but I'll have a go:-

Have you activated the licensing server?

Is this your only Windows 2000 server?

I assume that you have installed the licensing server on the terminal server itself, yeah?

[ponder][laughtears] The dumber they think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them! [machinegun][rofl2]

Thanks all for your reply. The problem was I wasn't logged on to the domain name controller (instead, I used administrator login for the local box). When I logged on to the DC, it picked up the license server (the DC) right away and worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back