Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding using GP 2010 application into GP 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashux6088

Technical User
Dec 25, 2007
US
Is it possible to use GP 2010 (GP 11) application into GP 10.

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if you can have a user running the GP 2010 client using a GP 10 backend while other users are running the GP 10 client.

If that is what you meant by your question, then the answer would be no. You would need to upgrade the database in order for the GP 2010 client to work properly, which would break functionality with the GP 10 client.

Borvik is correct.

The GP client and the server data are a matched pair and MUST always be the same version, service pack and build.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

We have build a GP 2010 application Now we want to test whether it is compatible it with GP 10 or not

We have installed the GP 2010 Chunk into GP 10

I wanted to check whether all the GP 2010 features are compatible in GP 10 also so that to avoid mulitple instance of the product.

Can this be possible

The Server version is similar

You need to use the process for upgrading Dexterity custom code.

Check all resources into your repository.
Update your Index File.

Then use Update with Index file from menus to update into a clean GP 10 dictionary

Recompile and test.

The chunk must be built against the same version as you plan to use the code against.

David

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back