Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding Genesys and Nortel 81c 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2006
US
We are having issues with calls passing from a Open Speech Attendant (OSA) application to the PBX and DNIS. The issue is that OSA must go through GVP first based on DNIS. When the caller is directed from GVP to OSA and says a menu in OSA the call will default everytime as the GVP menu is getting the DNIS from the OSA and GVP. We can change that, but everytime it hits the switch it gets the old DNIS again. I know this may be confusing, and I will elaborate if needed. The big question for all the Nortel people is how can I get that call to change to another DNIS? I have tried forwarding to ACD that has NCFW to GVP, and I have tried a 500 phone that is DCFW 4 to GVP.

You can use LD 49 to change DNIS as it enters the switch in the IDC tables.

Sounds like the CDN is not acquired, causing it to default route?

that's an age old problem.. that dnis is married to that call cradle to grave.. i have had to send the call out and back in on a loop back pri to strip that dnis with an idc table..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John..do you know of any other way than going out and back in? Would this not tie up one LD (assuming they call on LD trunk) and one local for the duration of the call?

We did this with IPML server between the Nortel 81 and the Genesys. That was at my last job, so the details have faded a little.

Both carriers MCI and AT&T over a product called take back and return, that will only use on trunk.

MCI - Transfer Connect
AT&T - Take Back and Return Network.

IPML was designed to go between the PBX and an IVR system, but it may work?

What about in LD 23 the option DNIS- send (do not send) ACD/DNIS across the link? I just have no idea where it would be programmed in ld 23 on my CDN?

Basically, if you need DNIS 2000 sent to Genesys, and DN 2000 is available to use in the switch, then you build CDN 2000. That is how the DNIS is sent. If 2000 was in use, then you would need to use a IDC table in LD 49 to get the correct manipulation. Does that make sense?

I think the DNIS option is only prompted if you have the Integrated Message Service prompted Yes.

Thanks to everyone for such great help. We have tried several of the options and purchasing anything else is not going to fly with my boss. The only thing we know to do is what John mentioned of sending the call out and back in since the PBX will not allow us to strip the DNIS. I'm concerned about the cost associated with two lines for each call, so if anyone has any other ideas..we would love to hear them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back