Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding EDI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajanur

Programmer
Oct 12, 2002
US
Hello,
I am intrested in learing EDI, Could some body help me in asnwering following :

What are the pre-requists
Any programming knowledge ( which one ?)
what are the tools required (software )

I know its really not a technical question, but if any body can take some time and reply to this questions that would be very helpful. Any links or tutorials or material would be great.

Thanks in advance
-Raj

EDI is one of life's mysterys!! Like many things it looks complicated but not really.

An understanding of delimited records helps.

I find that people who have been on my EDI mapping courses may never have seen EDI before but cope easy with it if they are familiar with record layouts (file, record, fields)..

Mapping tools are commonly required to take EDI structures to in-house formats.

hi ekimr,

Thanks for the reply. I want to know more abt. the classes (edi mapping). Could you please email me abt. it in detail to rajanur@yahoo.com.
Thanks

Check out Sterling Commerce at:

They have very in depth training and also the software (Gentran Server) as well as the VAN/VASP networks to help you set up your EDI solutions. --------------------------------
Fortius, Citius, nullis secundus
Strength, Speed, second to none

Me too :) any book, video, Instructor based class in the Greater Central Florida would be Grrrrreat!

i too need to learn abt edi. pls help me if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back