Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding a VPN setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2002
US
Hello everyone and thank you for reading my post!

I have a strange situation going. I have a PC and a laptop, both of them are Windows XP Pro SP3 connecting to my network and internet using wireless.

Once I setup a VPN service on the PC it worked right away, connected with no problems, I did the same procedure with the laptop and... well, there is just no go. Same simple configurations, check marks. The configuration on both as similar, but troubleshooting the laptop I turned off the antivirus, and firewall (which I did not had to do in the PC); without any results..... I even turned off the PC in case there is some kind of influence.... nothing. If it means anything, I started the VPN setup in the laptop, and after 2 days of no go, I moved to the PC which install and connected right away... How frustrating!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

Steven

Thank you so much cmeagan656!

I was not aware that there was a specific VPN section! Not wonder I was getting no responses :) I repost it my question there.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back