Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reg setting in GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

patstone

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2004
GB
Hello,

In group policy the setting below is pushed out, I would like to change this setting to a value of 2 but it not as easy as going to this setting and editing it, has anyone done this before or can someone point me in the right direction ?

Many Thanks.

MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\SynAttackProtect 1

It's been a while, but this is obviously a machine policy. If this is not a "built in" policy, you'll need to create a custom ADM file and import it into your GPO's. Then, after linking via OU or security filtering, you may need to bounce the box.

Here's some info on creating ADM's:

I hope you find this post helpful,

Jonathan Almquist
Minneapolis, MN

Alternately make a GPO that runs a MachineStartup.bat script that runs a MachineStartup.reg file to make changes you want. Or of course make the machine startup script the actual reg file (I think you can do this)

Thanks for your comments, found if I edited the setting in the gpttmpl.inf file this did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back