Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refunds direct from receivables? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMorey

MIS
Jul 5, 2001
AU
Is it possible to make payments direct from receivables, e.g. for a double payment or overpayment? At the moment this seems to need a credit note in receivables and a cheque payment in payables. Version: ACCPAC Discovery.

Hi,

Sounds strange. discovery has the facility to to receipts, "receipt batch", not sure where you are going with the question. You can fully apply both invoices (debtors and creditors) with the corresponding receipt or payment???

Regards

e

To clarify: You invoice someone for $500. For reasons known only to them, they pay you $600. You clear the invoice and apply the $100 as unapplied cash, to be refunded. To make the refund you can't, as far as I can see, generate the refund payment directly in receivables. If you can, I would like to know how to do it. At present we create an adjustment note in receivables, then create a customer in payables for the single payment. Since we make refunds fairly regularly we end up with a lot of vendors in payables with only one payment. I'm sure I've come across systems where you can generate a refund directly from receivables.

This is not a complete solution. You can make payments in AP using MISCELLANOUS PAYMENT, rather than adding a one-off vendor and then adding the invoice and paying them. The Misc Payment means you don't have to add the vendor or the invoice. Alternatively, have a Vendor called "Refunds", which would enable tracking better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back