Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing pictures on an unconnected mouseover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassien

Programmer
Sep 17, 2002
I'm running a simple piece of code to change cross-hair style:

onMouseOver=javascript:void(document.body.style.cursor=""hand"");

(the double speech marks are because it's part of a response.write asp line)

The code works a treat and the cursor changes, but the banner (a jpg file) flickers each time the code is called as if it were being refreshed, i.e. each time I mouseover onto the link, and again when I mouseout - calling a similar function to change the cursor back.

Has anyone seen this problem before, and do they have a solution?!

The page is being run locally on an IIS server.

Cheers,

Cass

You can remove the "javascript:" - it isn't really needed.

You haven't said what browser it flickers in - have you tried more than one browser? Or more than one version of the browser you're having problems with?

Dan

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm looking at it in IE 6(.0.2)

I've managed to find a work-around. If I embed the picture in the page it does not flicker. The picture was previously a back-ground attribute of a CSS class. Any insight in to what is causing the problem?

Cass

There's been quite a bit of noise about IE6 flickering images. Five minutes with a search engine would tell you more than I know about it (zero).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back