Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing LOV very slow after Migration to BO6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHofmann

MIS
Jun 10, 2005
DE
Hi everybody,

has anybody an idea, why refreshing LOV lasts triple to four times longer [hourglass]with BusObj 6.5 Fullclient compared to BO 5.1.6?

Universe was migrated 1:1 from 5.1.6 Repository to 6.5.1 Repository, destination DB where the queries are executed is in both cases the same.

Regards for an answer
Joerg Hofmann

Could it be related to different settings for your database connections. I've found that my connnection strings got a little strange in 6.5.1.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Steve, the connection strings are ok.

I have the strong suspicion that in BO6.5 fullclient the SQL of the LOV-File is regenerated anyway, every time you refresh the LOV, even the SQL of the LOV is tagged with do not regenerate SQL.
Refreshing the same LOV with Webi 6.5 is very quick, i.e. refreshing the LOV with Fullclient lasts about 40 seconds versus Webi 6.5 only two seconds. Tracing this on the DB shows, that each query to refresh the lov (started via webi or Fullclient) is executed within less than two seconds. So the question is, what the fullclient does the rest of the time? CPU usage of the full-client raises up to 100% immediately after clicking the refresh button. Isn't this a bug?

Joerg Hofmann
Ingram Micro Germany

I would recommend getting an upgrade evaluation to BO XI (BO Enterprise XI, or v11.x) and testing the same LOV scenario - unless you are unable to migrate off of full-client (FC) BO reports. There is an LOV *service* in BO XI to enhance performance among many other LOV attributes. There is also a conversion utility for FC BO reports to WebI or you could even consider scraping the SQL from the FC and use it as a SQL Command object in Crystal Reports XI; if the main report SQL is not too complex you might even just re-create the report in Crystal straight from the Universe. Then you could have the same reports (or better), stored in the BO XI repository, delivered via browser, and get that FC software off your desktops.

Pero pase lo que pase.

It might be a bug. But SQL generation is a very fast thing. We don't have this problem and we use LOVs alot.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back