Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

refreshing inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Programmer
Feb 15, 2001
US
I am using Outlook 2k with exchange server. My email has been going to my inbox which was part of my pst file and all was fine, then for some reason, my mail has been stopped or sent to the inbox folder on the exchange server and my mail has to now be sent to this location as well in order to be sent out. Also, my inbox messages will automatically "refresh" by doubling up or repeating the messages until there are 2 copies of each message and then drop off the duplicate and all are changed from opened to unopened messages. This appears to be only happening to my computer and not to any other users, I have uninstalled office and reinstalled but to no change. Any ideas?

Bob

There's an option in outlook2k which states to leave a copy of the message on the server, which, in turn will keep downloading until you remove it from the server. Go into tools, services, and internet email, under the advanved tab. There SHOULD be an option to leave a copy of the message on the server. Good luck!!
clgx299@earthlink.net
I came, I saw, I connected at 48.8...

I just looked and the box to leave a copy message on server is unchecked. Thanks for the idea, any others?. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back