Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing data in a label box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scouseman

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
US
HI

I wonder if somebody can please help me!!

I am very new to VB6 but I have managed to created a small interface. I am reading a value from a .dll file and displaying the value in a label, but there seems to be a very big delay between the value changing in the .dll and the new value updating in the label box. Can somwbody please tell me how I can increase the refresh rate in the label box.

Thanks for any help

Scosue

Hi Hektic

Thanks for the info I will give your sugestion a try hopefully it should work.

Scouse

Hi there

I have search through all my books and I cannot find he syntax for label.refresh can somebody please help me with it.

Thanks

Scouse

the syntax is simple yourLabel.Refresh
if you type "yourLabel" and "." [dot], a list should show up... and choose "refresh".

Hi Hectic

Would it be possible to set the refresh rate to every second, if so how do I do this.

Thanks ever so much for your help

Scouse

You have to use the timer control.

Set the Timers' Interval property to 1000 (the unit being millisecs)..

inside the Timers' Timer Event try the suggested code.

i've never heard of that, so don't know.
But i don't understand what's you're trying to do.

You're retrieving data from using the dll and displaying it in the label. And you're only showing that data for a couple seconds??!

Can you elaborate?

Hi

I think it would have been better if I had fully explained what I am trying to do. I want to read the contents of a .dll file (which is a custom programmed dll which stores global variables in it). I need to read the dll every 7 minutes between 8.00am an 5.00pm for the duration of 10 seconds then stop reading the dll, during the 10 seconds it must read the dll every second so it will read it 10 times.

I am getting very confused on how to achieve this. I think I need to setup 2 timers. 1 timer that starts the read routine every 7 mins and one that times the 10 second read routine and read the .dll every 1 second.

Thankyou for all your help

Scouse

I've just answered this in another of your threads. Please read faq222-2244 see why multiple posting is discouraged

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Hi Johnwn

Sorry I did'nt realise, the only reason why I reposted is because current thread heading had nothing to do with the direction that the solution to my problem and I could not edit the heading. Please accept my apologies

Thanks anyway for your information it is much appreciated

Scouse

No apology required! [smile]

It's just a bit inefficient if several of us are busy working on the same question in 2 threads - later on it gets real hard to keep track of what's happening, both for the original poster and for the answerers

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back