Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing a Query after a record is added or changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

np3il

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
US
My query is mad of two tables with the same fields and I need to requery or refresh this query at run-time.

Is there a way to refresh a query after a new record has been added or if a record is modified?

Thanks
Np3il

The query will always dispay the data that is in the table. So if you edit/add data, that is the data that is then displayed in the query.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

I agree but it is not the case that I am having.

Ex. A SubForm has a query for the source and I add a new record to on of the tables.

Maybe the question should be:
How can I run an existing query from code (that create a working table that is composed of two other tables)???

I hope I have explained the situation.

Regards
Np3il

Have a look at the Requery method of the Form object.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Hello All

The requery method did not work but I found another way.

In the Subform (using multiple subforms):
'Close Subform
Form!fsumParkSub.SourceObject = ""
'refresh
DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT AllEmp.* INTO tmasEmployee FROM [SELECT * FROM Employee0405 UNION SELECT * FROM Employee0506]. AS AllEmp;"
'open Subform
Form!fsumParkSub.SourceObject = "fsumParkSubEmpl"

This worked very nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back