Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing a combo box used as a search box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klssri

MIS
Nov 5, 2001
US
I have a form that opens as a blank form. At the top is a combo box that I am using to search for people already in the database. It displays first name, last name, and phone number of people that have already been entered. If the name you want appears in the drop down, you select it and all of their information appears in the fields below. If they are not on the list you can go ahead and enter their information. My problem is I cannot get this combo box to refresh so that if you add a new person they show up without having to close the form and reopen it. Is their an easy way to fix this, I have tried several things but nothing is working.

Howare ya Klssri . . .

You didn't say how your saving the record, but after its saved you simply need Me![blue]ComboboxName[/blue].Requery in the right spot.

If you have a save button for instance, the above would be the last line . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

You are the ace. I used the code you provided under the "On Got Focus" for the control and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back