Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

refresh unbound form

Status
Not open for further replies.

MykH

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
US
I have an unbound form that has text boxes and option groups(radio btns). Anyone know the best method of refreshing the form or clearing the entered data after saving the record..? I'd basically like for the user to see a new record after each save..?

Thx in advance :)

Myk

The "Requery" command works pretty nice. Also, I believe there's a "Refresh" command.

HTH Roy McCafferty
aka BanditWk

Las Vegas, NV
roy@cccamerica.org
RLMBandit@aol.com (private)

"No need to send gifts, just send a smile."

I actually tried both. neither seemed to work tho'... any examples of how if should be coded..?

If your form is initialized to a new record when it is first opened, you could just include code to re-open the form after a save.
Code:
DoCmd.Echo False 'this turns off screen repainting so the user won't see the close and open
DoCmd.Close
DoCmd.OpenForm "MyFormName"
DoCmd.Echo True 'be sure to handle any errors that occur before this point so that you are always sure to turn the screen repainting back on

Good luck,
Lynn

Thanks for the help Lynn... worked PERFECTLY!:)

Myk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back