Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refresh Data Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureCoffee

Technical User
Apr 3, 2001
US
I have created a database with forms etc. When I enter data and then go to a linked form and then go back, the previous page's data is not there.
I had to create a command button on the forms to "Refresh" form data. Any idea as to why I would have to do this? The command button seems unecessary and looks ugly. I thought Access was "Dynamic" in that once data was entered it was there forever or until the data was changed.

Obviously I overlooked something in building the tables, forms or? Any ideas.

Thanks -Steve

Steve,

I presume that you keep the original form open when you open the data entry form? If so then on the close event, add the code to refresh the master form.

Reason why this happens is that a form is based upon the table/query data at the point of opening. If data entry is not in the same form then a refresh is necessary.

HTH

Craig

Craig,
Do you know the code? acRefresh or something??
Thanks -Steve

Hi PureCoffee,

Why don't you try to use "Me.Refresh" instead?
I think It should do if your form is still open when
you execute this code.

I whis it helps!

Rick

DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70

Use this code . . .

Place the code in the command button you created to go to the next form.

This should work, I use it all the time . . .

Good Luck!
Chance~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back